Arthritis can be simply defined as the inflammation of the joints. It may result from a genetic predisposition, infections, injuries and errors of metabolism. The struggle to deal with continuous pain and restricted activities resulting from arthritis may be overwhelming. There are some people who control this illness using medications. However, other people don’t prefer this form of treatment because of the drug interactions and risks it has. They prefer using home remedies as a natural alternative. Here are 10 home remedies that can be used for the treatment of arthritis.
1. Raw Juice – Raw juice extracted from celery, carrot, beetroot, and other leafy vegetables may be one of the best home remedies for arthritis. This juice works to dissolve any deposits that may be present in tissues and joints.
2. Pineapple Juice – Juice extracted from fresh pineapples can also work wonders for people with arthritis. It helps to reduce swelling and inflammation in the joints.
3. Potato Juice – Raw potato juice produces fantastic results. The potato is cut into slices; the slices are soaked in water and left to stay overnight. The juice is then drunk early in the morning.
4. Bananas – These fruits have vitamin B6 which can aid in the treatment of arthritis. You may restrict yourself to a diet of bananas for 3 to 4 days and get better results.
5. Lime – Lime is known for its concentration of citric acid, which can be an effective remedy against arthritis. To achieve favorable results, make lime juice and take it early in the morning on an empty stomach.
6. Alfalfa – Making a tea from alfalfa seeds is another useful treatment for arthritis. You just need to use one teaspoon of alfalfa seeds and use it with one cup of water. Consuming this tea will work wonders to help you manage arthritis effectively.
7. Epsom salts – When you take a hot Epsom salts bath, the skin will absorb the salts and aid in blood circulation.
8. Ice – Cold treatment can also be effective for dealing with arthritis. Overworking your body may stress the joints. Applying ice for 20 minutes may ease the feeling.
9. Cinnamon – Before taking breakfast, mix a tablespoon of honey with half a spoon of cinnamon powder each morning. The mixture should be taken each day for a month. You’ll start noticing results within the first week.
10. Cod Liver Oil – This is another excellent remedy used to treat and even prevent arthritis. The oil contains omega-3 acids which reduce joint pain and inflammation caused by arthritis.
These are just some of the home remedies used for the treatment of arthritis. Start with these remedies and start living better and healthier.